The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
You’re missing teeth. Are you considering dental implants to fill the gaps in your mouth? It’s no wonder why; implants are an increasingly popular solution for missing teeth! However, make sure you have access to the most accurate dental implant information! The best way to do this is to consult with a qualified dental professional near you. We listed some of the basics that any candidate considering dental implants in Harrisonburg, VA should know about receiving implants here!
Implants are amazing for replacing your missing teeth, and they tend to last for decades or even longer if cared for properly! However, make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure. You need to have sufficient bone density in the jaw and you need be willing to go through the surgeries required for the placement of dental implants. A doctor can help determine if this treatment is right for you, or give you any alternatives that you may be able to take.
The key to a successful dental implant procedure is osseointegration. This is when the dental implant post fuses with your jawbone. If you have been missing teeth for a while, it is possible your jawbone has started to degrade. If you suffer from bone-related conditions such as osteoporosis, this could also affect the success of your implants. A doctor can examine your jaw to see if it is dense enough to support an implant, and if it isn’t, consider the possibility of giving you a bone graft to make it so.
It is vital that a qualified dental professional is the one to place your implant! Although some businesses may try to lure patients in with low costs and cheaper materials, your best chance at a successful procedure is with a doctor properly trained in dental implant placement, using all the newest, modern technology available!
These are the very basics, but there is a lot of other information available for dental implants. When you are ready to learn more, contact our dental implant specialists, Dr. Steven Saunders, Dr. Victor Saunders, and Dr. Bryan Saunders, in our office in Harrisonburg, VA to schedule an appointment today!
119A University Blvd
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
New Patients: 540-431-4392
Current Patients: 540-434-8575
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch