The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
Dental implant surgery is the replacement of missing teeth by the process of implanting ceramic crowns to form natural looking, supportive teeth that are secured by titanium “roots” that are placed into the jaw. Surgery can take a few months to complete, but the results of dental implant surgery are worthwhile. If you ever have thought about getting dental implant surgery, the information overload could seem daunting, so here is a brief breakdown of some of the top information to keep in mind.
When contemplating dental implant surgery, price is something to keep in mind. Depending on the type of implant you would be receiving, price can fluctuate. This surgery is not inexpensive, and medical insurance may not be an option for coverage. Payment plans can be set up with your dental implant surgeon and should be discussed ahead of the surgery.
Dental implant surgery is not an instant fix and is usually completed in stages. There are techniques that allow for the extraction and replacement in one day, but the work is not fully completed until the bones have fused to the implant, which takes several months. After the fusion of titanium to bone takes place to create your new teeth roots, your ceramic crowns are placed to create your new perfect smile.
For the dental implant, titanium is used to create the structure and security for your new teeth. Titanium is the metal used because of its durability and ability to exist in the body without affecting surrounding tissues. Titanium in the body is extremely unlikely to cause any adverse reactions, meaning your implant is trusted to be secure.
During your dental implant consultation, your doctor will decide if your jawbone structure is strong enough to take the implant. If it is not, bone grafting can be completed to strengthen your jaw, and may add some extra healing time before your implant takes place.
Contact Us Today
If dental implant surgery interests you, set up a consultation with our dentists. In our Periodontal office in Winchester, VA, they will recommend the best type of surgery for you and advise on how long you can expect to wait until you have your new perfect smile. Dental implant surgery may be the perfect fit for you and your lifestyle. Schedule your consultation today!
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch