The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
Download the LANAP Laser Pack Schedule An Appointment
The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is a relatively new treatment that most people know very little about. This is why the doctors at Shenandoah Valley Implant Institute like to educate their patients before performing the procedure. Here are our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about laser gum surgery in Harrisonburg & Winchester, VA:
Gingivitis is a mild form of gum disease caused by a buildup of plaque and bacteria in the mouth. It is relatively simple to treat and usually does not require invasive surgery. However, when left untreated, gingivitis can quickly spread to the deeper levels of periodontal tissue and supporting bone. This is known as periodontitis, a progressive condition that should be addressed as soon as possible.
LANAP® is usually recommended as a minimally painful method of treating moderate to severe periodontitis. By using the PerioLase® MVP-7™, our doctors can remove bacteria and infected tissue without harming healthy tissue or the surrounding areas.
LANAP® is often the most preferred method of treating periodontitis because it is minimally invasive, reduces the chance of gum recession resulting from treatment, and produces a quick healing response. Additionally, the PerioLase® MVP-7™ can be used to promote regrowth in areas that have been affected by periodontitis and prevent future tooth loss.
LANAP® is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cleared method of laser gum surgery. There is a large amount of research from all over the world which spans decades and proves the effectiveness of the procedure. If you have any additional questions, our doctors will gladly discuss their certifications with you, so do not hesitate to ask!
While LANAP® is a great way to treat periodontitis, it may not be beneficial for everyone. To find out if you are a candidate for laser gum surgery in Harrisonburg & Winchester, VA, contact the Shenandoah Valley Implant Institute doctors and schedule your consultation today!
Gateway Professional CenterWinchester, VA 22601
New Patients: 540-431-4395Current Patients: 540-662-6400Fax: 540-662-8681Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch