The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
Finding out you have the signs of gum recession can be a little alarming. Gum recession occurs when the gum tissue in the mouth begins to erode and failing to treat this condition could lead to serious problems in your dental health. Dr. Steven Saunders and Dr. Victor Saunders are periodontists in Harrisonburg, VA who specialize in keeping your gums healthy and strong. We stress the importance of treating gum recession to help prevent tooth loss, discomfort and other embarrassing oral issues. Here are some reasons why gum recession treatment could help you.
If you have chronic pain around your teeth, receding gums may to be to blame. Left untreated, this may leave the root of your tooth exposed, which can make your teeth more sensitive to hot and cold foods. We help build your gum tissue back up to bring back that protection around the base of your teeth.
Receding gums can also expose your mouth to more potential infections. Cavities, painful abscesses and ulcers are more common with problem gums. After treatment, your gums can be stronger and ward off these potential issues.
Severe gum recession makes your teeth loose and increases your risk of tooth loss. Once one or two teeth are missing, your bite could shift and lead to even more tooth loss. After gum recession treatment from our doctors, your teeth will be more stable and be less likely to fall out.
Most of all, gum recession treatment allows you to have a healthier mouth. With strong teeth and healthy gums, you can feel more confident smiling and eating your favorite foods. Ignoring gum recession issues means you are more likely to have recurring problems with your oral health.
If you want to get more information about our gum recession treatment options, contact us today. We can help you get healthier gums and feel more confident and comfortable with your smile today.
119A University Blvd
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
New Patients: 540-431-4392
Current Patients: 540-434-8575
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch