The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
With the Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST™), the doctors at Shenandoah Valley Implant Institute are able to treat receding gums without making any incisions. This type of gum surgery has several benefits:
Pinhole graft over 4 mm of recession gone. Within 3 days had to try to remember I had the procedure done to follow post op instructions. I really couldn't even tell I had had anything done aside from the recession being gone. Svii has a professional and caring staff and doctors. Dr. Steve preformed my procedure in less than 30 minutes and I felt nothing. I would highly recommend Dr. Steve Saunders for all dental needs. I have worked in the dental field for over 20 years . Now I know why all my patients we have referred over the years are so happy with the treatment they receive from this practice. This was my first experience with treatment at this practice and I would never get anything done anywhere else that Dr. Steve or Dr. Vic can do for me.
- Jackie Throgmorton
The first step in PST™ is to clean the teeth in the area being treated. Then, our doctors will administer a local anesthesia to numb the area. Using a small instrument, a pinhole sized entry point is made in the gums.
Once the area has been fully prepared to undergo gum surgery, Our doctors will insert a specialized instrument into the tiny entry point that was made. Using this instrument, the tissue is slowly loosened and moved into the correct position. Finally, a different instrument is used to insert collagen strips through the entry point and into the gum tissue. This will help to keep the tissue in place while the area heals. The entire gum surgery should take no longer than one hour and can be applied to several teeth at once.
PST™ gives patients several benefits that no other gum surgery can. These include:
PST™ is a new, innovative way for us to treat gum recession. Patients suffering from receding gums in Harrisonburg, VA can contact Shenandoah Valley Implant Institute to learn more about PST™.
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch