The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
Join us here at Shenandoah Valley Implant Institute during the month of September as we do our part to spread the word about National Gum Care Month. Gum disease is preventable by following good oral hygiene that begins with proper gum care. For a periodontist in Harrisonburg, VA with skill and expertise in this area, trust Dr. Steven Saunders, Dr. Victor Saunders, and Dr. Jeff Dickson to provide innovative treatments that maximize comfort and chances for long-term success.
Bacteria live in our mouths in the form of plaque, which can cause cavities and gingivitis. The result is gum disease. The good news is that periodontal disease is preventable by practicing good oral hygiene and following proper gum care tips. Some tips include:
· Quitting smoking
· Eating a well-balanced diet
· Reducing stress
· Stop grinding or clenching teeth
· Brushing, flossing and rinsing with mouthwash
· Regularly visiting the periodontist
That daily task of brushing and flossing has never been more critical to avoid gum disease and achieving optimal dental health is critical to maintaining overall wellbeing. Make sure not to brush too vigorously and always choose a soft-bristle toothbrush.
Gum disease is associated with a variety of health complications, such as diabetes and heart disease. Laser gum treatment is a state-of-the-art procedure that is replacing surgical methods. Laser Assisted new Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is a type of gum disease treatment that utilizes minimally invasive lasers to remove diseased tissue and bacteria. We recommend LANAP® for the following reasons:
· Minimal pain and bleeding
· Quicker healing
· Lasting and long-term results
· Minimal to no gum recession
LANAP® helps restore the surrounding areas and reverse any damage caused by periodontal disease by stimulating areas to promote regrowth.
For more details on proper gum care, preventing gum disease, to find out if you are a candidate for the LANAP® technique, trust the experts at Shenandoah Valley Implant Institute. Contact us today at (540) 684-1612 to schedule a no-obligation appointment. Our staff is happy to answer any questions.
Gateway Professional CenterWinchester, VA 22601
New Patients: 540-431-4395Current Patients: 540-662-6400Fax: 540-662-8681Email: email@example.com
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch