The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
September is National Self-Improvement Month, and there is no better time to treat gum recession and teeth sensitivity. For non-invasive treatment of receding gums in Harrisonburg, VA, you can trust the specialists at Shenandoah Valley Implant Institute. Dr. Steven Saunders and Dr. Victor Saunders are all highly trained to provide the most innovative techniques.
Gum recession is a common dental problem, which occurs so gradually, that many people are unaware that they have been affected. Receding gums occur when your gums pull back and expose the roots of your teeth. The first sign is usually teeth sensitivity or a tooth with an elongated appearance. This may be indicative of periodontal disease, and if not treated appropriately, the bone structure and surrounding healthy tissue may become damaged.
Pinhole Surgical Technique™ (PST™) is an innovative and noninvasive method of treating gum recession. Using a small instrument, a tiny pinhole is created above the healthy gum tissue. The tissue is loosened and adjusted accordingly over the exposed portion of the tooth. Because tissue is not cut, there are no sutures, allowing for expected minimal pain, bleeding, and swelling. In fact, many patients are pleased by the instant cosmetic enhancement. Additional benefits of PST™ include:
· Less discomfort after treatment
· Faster recovery than traditional grafting
· Donor tissue is not needed from the palate
· Beautiful and natural appearance
· Long-lasting results
This minimally invasive option, for treating gum recession, is highly successful because it involves simply adjusting the existing tissue.
With PST™, there is no need to prolong treatment for teeth sensitivity or receding gums in Harrisonburg. With Dr. Saunders and the expert staff at Shenandoah Valley Implant Institute, you are in a high-skilled environment of competent hands. To determine if you are a candidate for PST™, contact us today. Our office is conveniently located in Harrisonburg.
119A University Blvd
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
New Patients: 540-431-4392
Current Patients: 540-434-8575
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch