The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
Bleeding gums and bad breath is a key symptom of oral health problems, but these symptoms usually occur after the disease has already wreaked major havoc on your teeth and gums. The first signs and symptoms are much less noticeable, and may be unrecognizable. If you suspect you may have gum disease, give Dr. Steven Saunders, Dr. Victor Saunders, and Dr. Jeff Dickson a call to schedule an appointment. All three are highly trained and experienced periodontists that specialize in laser dentistry in Harrisonburg, VA.
Healthy gums are firm to the touch, pink in color, and fit tightly around the teeth in your mouth. If you suspect you have gingivitis (the first stage of gum disease) you will notice:
· Swollen, red gums
· Tender and sensitive gums
· Gums that easily bleed during oral hygiene care
If gingivitis isn’t treated promptly, the symptoms worsen and become periodontitis, a more severe form of oral disease. You will notice:
· Bad breath that lingers all day, even after brushing
· Puss oozing out of the gums
· Loose teeth
· Gums pulling away from the teeth
· A difference in your bite
These symptoms are serious and require immediate attention from Dr. Saunders or Dr. Dickson. The sooner treatment is received for disease, the quicker the teeth and gums will heal. A professional periodontist provides the care necessary to prevent a worsened condition.
One of the most beneficial treatment options available for gum disease is laser therapy. With the LANAP® procedure, Dr. Saunders and Dr. Dickson are able to remove the infected tissue, stimulating re-growth of healthy tissue, with a minimally invasive procedure. In fact, 90% of the inflammation in your gums can be removed in just one LANAP® session.
If you would like to learn more about the LANAP® procedure or to determine if you are a good candidate for this innovative solution that helps banish gum disease, give our office a call. Dr. Saunders and Dr. Dickson are available for a consultation to provide you with all the information necessary, to make this important decision about your oral health. Give us a call today at (540) 907-4060.
Gateway Professional CenterWinchester, VA 22601
New Patients: 540-431-4395Current Patients: 540-662-6400Fax: 540-662-8681Email: email@example.com
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch