The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
If you’ve lost a tooth or you’re about to, you may be wondering what the best solution is for replacing it in Harrisonburg, VA. You have multiple options, including a dental bridge and a dental implant. But which option is better? Your choice may depend on your aesthetic goals, functional needs, oral health situation, and even your budget. You and your dentist will be able to determine which option is right for you during a consultation.
Comparing dental bridges and dental implants
Dental Bridges were once the only solution for replacing a missing tooth, aside from a removable partial denture. These restorations are secure in place using the teeth on either side of the empty socket (abutment teeth). Though a more fixed option than a partial denture, dental bridges require that healthy teeth be drilled down and can sometimes lead to these teeth becoming decayed or infected over time. Dental bridges generally last between 5-15 years, depending on how well a person cares for them. Though a less expensive solution upfront than dental implants, they may end up costing you more if they need to be fixed or replaced multiple times throughout their lifetime.
Dental implants are the modern tooth replacement option due to their permanent natural function and appearance. One great benefit of dental implants is that they’re designed to only replace the tooth that was lost. They don’t require other teeth to be altered and are surgically inserted directly into the jawbone like a natural tooth root. This makes dental implants one of the healthiest and longest-lasting tooth replacement options available. With proper maintenance, dental implants can easily last the rest of your life. In addition to this superior level of stability and function, dental implants are custom-designed to look and feel like a natural tooth. No one will be able to tell which teeth are real and which one has been replaced!
Schedule your appointment
Unsure which tooth replacement option is right for you? If you’re considering dental implants, we invite you to meet our experienced and friendly Periodontal office in Harrisonburg, VA for a consultation! Schedule your first appointment with us today.
119A University Blvd
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
New Patients: 540-431-4392
Current Patients: 540-434-8575
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch