The safety, health and well-being of our mutual patients has always been our top priority. Whether this is through the care we provide or the environment of our surgical facilities. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide your patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly.
We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service.
Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
• Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
• Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
• Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside our surgical facilities.
• Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, counters and door handles hourly.
• Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
• Allowing our patients to wait in their cars or outside our office and notifying them when we are ready for their appointment.
We are also asking our patients a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
• If you are a patient who has traveled outside the US within the last month
• Had contact with someone who traveled outside the US and was/is now sick
• Had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus or the flu
• Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Temperature, Active Cough or Trouble Breathing
If you answer yes, our doctor will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
The Doctors and Staff at SVII
Dental implants provide numerous benefits, thanks to their durability and similarity to your natural teeth. Because they have been proven to be effective and long-lasting, Drs. Saunders and Dickson at Shenandoah Valley Implant Institute often recommend them to patients with missing teeth.
The beauty of implants is that no two are alike. They are specially designed for the patient to match their bite. There are some key factors involved that impact the final product, as well as the cost, of which interested patients should be aware.
There are a few different components of your dental implant. There is the base, which is generally made from titanium and is screwed into the jawbone to provide a stable and secure foundation for the false tooth. One base might hold several teeth in place. There is also a connector, which as its name suggests connects the crown to the base. Then, there is a crown that goes on top that appears like a natural tooth. It generally is made of ceramic or porcelain in a color and shape that matches the surrounding teeth. The material you choose impacts the cost, as well as the efficacy and durability.
Size and Shape
One of the major benefits of implants is that they provide a natural bite. This requires the crown to have a size and shape that matches your other teeth. Generally, you will have a mold taken of your mouth to determine the size and shape required for your crown.
Procedures and Location
It generally takes a few procedures to complete an implant. After an initial examination to determine the needs, there will be a procedure to implant the base. Then, you have to heal enough before another surgery places the connector on top of the implant. Finally, you will have an appointment to place the crown. It can take five months to a year to completely finish the implant procedure.
Get Started Today
It can take many months to get your implants completed, but many of our patients find it well worth it in the end. Contact us today to get started and have your initial consultation with our periodontist.
Gateway Professional CenterWinchester, VA 22601
New Patients: 540-431-4395Current Patients: 540-662-6400Fax: 540-662-8681Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
*Closed 1pm to 2pm for Lunch